Intense Azeri ceasefire violation reported April 23-24

Intense Azeri ceasefire violation reported April 23-24

PanARMENIAN.Net - Over 500 instances of ceasefire violation by Azeri armed forces were registered at the contact line between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan over the past week.

Azerbaijan fired over 2600 shots from various caliber weapons towards the Armenian positions, NKR defense army’s press service reports.

The situation was most tough on April 23-24, with 220 instances of ceasefire violation and about 1300 shots fired by Azeris.

Despite Azerbaijan’s actions, NKR forces refrained from retaliatory measures, continuing with their military duty on all positions.

 Top stories
“We expect that very serious, substantive talks will follow soon," Aliyev said at a reception on the Republic Day on May 28.
President Serzh Sargsyan said earlier that the Armenian side lost some 800 hectares (around 8 square kilometers) in the course of 4-day.
The parties discussed the situation in the Karabakh conflict zone following the early April's 4-day war and the ways to overcome the consequences.
At the meeting, the parties addressed opportunities to overcome consequences of the 4-day violence in Karabakh in early April.
Partner news