Iran hopes for nuke talks resumption

Iran hopes for nuke talks resumption

PanARMENIAN.Net - Iran says it hopes upcoming talks with an EU official could pave the way for the resumption of high-level negotiations with world powers over Tehran's controversial nuclear program.

According to the Associated Press, Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast says the July 24 meeting between Iran's No. 2 negotiator Ali Bagheri and Helga Schmid, deputy of the EU foreign policy chief, will be key to a possible resumption of the stalled negotiations.

Talks last month in Moscow failed to bridge differences between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany but the sides agreed to continue lower-level technical talks to see if there was a way to break the deadlock.

The U.S. and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.

 Top stories
“The brutal secret police of authoritarian states have been empowered with sweeping surveillance capabilities,” Edin Omanovic said.
The exclusion orders would last for up to two years at a time and could be renewed. Breaches could lead to prison.
Correspondents from Zaman and Cihan were stopped in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building by ministry personnel.
“I don’t believe there is a military solution. But that is not the only tool available to us,” he said at the Lord Mayor’s banquet.
Partner news
Soghomon Tehlirian assassinated Talaat Pasha on March 15, 1921

Operation Nemesis was a covert operation by the Armenian Revolutionary Federation carried out from 1920 to 1922, during which a number of former Ottoman political and military figures were assassinated for their role in the Armenian Genocide.