// IP Marketing video - START// IP Marketing video - END

2013 Oscars ceremony masterminds named

2013 Oscars ceremony masterminds named

PanARMENIAN.Net - Chicago producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron are to mastermind the 2013 Oscars ceremony, organizers have announced, according to BBC News.

The pair were executive producers on the 2002 hit musical, which picked up six Oscars including best picture.

They were also producers of 2007 films Hairspray and The Bucket List and are currently the executive producers of US TV series Smash.

Academy president Hawk Koch described them as "forward thinkers who bring a unique perspective to the Oscar show". "Their enormous collective talent, coupled with their love of film, serves our show perfectly," he said.

Among Zadan and Meron's other credits include last year's remake of Footloose and the Broadway revival of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. Their appointment hints at a more traditional Oscar ceremony which could include a variety of comedy, song and dance.

"We hope to utilize our experience in producing features, TV and theatre to bring something fresh and special to this incredible awards show," the producers said in a statement. "When we filmed The Bucket List, we made our own personal bucket list and producing the Oscars was number one. It's truly a great honor."

Last year action director Brett Ratner was hired to produce the ceremony. But he later resigned after using a derogatory gay term in public.

Apollo 13 producer Brian Grazer was then brought in to run the show and hired Billy Crystal to replace Eddie Murphy after the latter withdrew as host.

The 85th Academy Awards will be held on 24 February at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, formerly the Kodak.

 Top stories
Much of the rest of the trailer echoes moments from the look at the Marvel Studios film unveiled in July at San Diego Comic-Con.
The show will include selections from such famous ballets as “Spartacus,” “Gayane,” “Masquerade” and a new ballet by Natalie Middleton.
Fans on Reddit noticed that HBO Spain had accidentally made the next episode, due to air on Monday AEST, available to subscribers.
The 55-year-old actor was in London when he attempted to leap from a rigging onto a building but he fell short of the mark.
Partner news