Apple seeks court ban on 8 Samsung mobile phones in U.S.

Apple seeks court ban on 8 Samsung mobile phones in U.S.

PanARMENIAN.Net - Apple has asked a court to ban eight Samsung mobile phones in the U.S., BBC News reported.

The phones include the Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T model, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile model, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.

It comes in the wake of Apple's U.S. court victory over its rival, which saw the South Korean company ordered to pay $1.05bn (£655m) for copying patents.

Apple shares rose 1.88% to $675.68 in Monday, Aug 27 trading on Wall Street. The company has asked the U.S. District Court in San Jose, California, for a preliminary injunction on the Samsung products, while a permanent injunction is sought.

At the same time, Samsung has also asked the court to delete an injunction on its Galaxy Tab 10.1, after the jury in the recent court case found it did not infringe Apple's design patent for the iPad tablet.

Judge Lucy Koh had issued an injunction on the tablet on June 26.

Earlier on Monday, Samsung sent a memo to staff hitting out at what it called the "abuse of patent law". Shares in Samsung fell 7% in Seoul trading, their biggest one-day fall in almost four years.

On August 24, a U.S. court ruled that Samsung had infringed Apple patents for mobile devices in one of the most significant rulings in a global intellectual property battle.

Samsung said it would be appealing against the verdict.

 Top stories
The company said the facility was intended to make the software seem familiar to both users of Windows 8 and Windows 7.
In August 2008, for example, Spanair Flight 5022 crashed just after take off from Barajas Airport, killing over 150 people.
“Sales for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus exceeded our expectations for the launch weekend,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said.
While camera types, resolutions and settings vary - a 512GB card could potentially hold around 30 hours of HD video.
Partner news