International compound attacked in Kabul

International compound attacked in Kabul

PanARMENIAN.Net - A complex attack involving a car bomb followed by gunfire was launched on an international compound in eastern Kabul and was still under way on Friday, Oct 18 evening, security sources said, according to Reuters.

The compound targeted was Green Village, a residence for military contractors and other international staff.

There were conflicting reports on whether the walls of the compound had been breached, but there were reported to be casualties, Reuters said.

"First there was an explosion in front of Green Village which destroyed two or three vehicles belonging to foreign forces, and after that a number of insurgents entered inside the compound, fighting Afghan forces," a police official said.

But a second security source said the fighting had taken place on the street outside the compound.

The compound was the target of a similar attack last year that left at least eight people dead and around 20 wounded.

Related links:
 Top stories
Azerbaijani authorities report that they have already resettled 3,000 people in the Nagorno-Karabakh town of Stepanakert.
On June 10, Azerbaijani President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev will leave for Turkey on a working visit.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Moscow on April 22 to hold talks with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
Authorities said a total of 192 Azerbaijani troops were killed and 511 were wounded during Azerbaijan’s offensive.
Partner news
---