250 ceasefire violations by the Azeri armed forces were reported at the line of contact between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan from February 16-22.
Azerbaijan fired over 1500 shots from various caliber weapons towards Karabakh positions. The NKR defense army continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking necessary measures to protect the frontline.
Armenian Defense Ministry accused Azerbaijan of violating ceasefire at contact line in defiance of the Olympic truce earlier this month.
“Ignoring numerous calls of the international community and the OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs to respect ceasefire at the line of contact and in defiance of the Olympic truce, Azeri forces continue shelling Armenian positions and settlements, which leads us to the conclusion that their actions are either not controlled by the commandment or are a provocation aiming to destabilize situation at the frontline,” the statement said.
“Armenian units continued with their military duty in line with ceasefire principles, taking necessary measures to protect the frontline," the statement said.