200-MW Solar park to be built in Armenia by 2025

200-MW Solar park to be built in Armenia by 2025

PanARMENIAN.Net - A 200-MW solar park will be built in Armenia by 2025, acting Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan said on Monday, July 12. According to him, the solar park is budgeted at $174 million and will be installed in the communities of Talin and Dashtadem of Aragatsotn province .

Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSC, better known as Masdar, placed the winning bid in a government tender back in December 2019. The project, which also involves the construction of a new substation, will be developed on a design, finance, build, own, and operate (DFBOO) basis.

Avinyan revealed that Masdar will own 85% of the project vehicle, while the remaining 15% will be held by the Armenian National Interest Fund CJSC (ANIF).

"The program also contains a social component: AMD 320 million (around $650,000) will be provided to the two communities whose territories will host the solar park," Avinyan added.

The photovoltaic (PV) farm will use an area of roughly 500 ha that is not suitable for agricultural development. It is set to become the largest utility-scale solar complex in the country.

 Top stories
Vahan Kerobyan said Armenia will most probably introduce a ban on the sale of Turkish products as well.
According to Vahan Kerobyan, a sharp decline in the travel industry was recorded last year, but now the situation has changed
Mher Grigoryan added that the government will ensure that the borrowed funds are spent efficiently.
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi will be regularly flying from the Armenian capital of Yerevan to Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Partner news