Saudi Arabia shoots down missile launched from Yemen

Saudi Arabia shoots down missile launched from Yemen

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Saudi-led coalition fighting Shiite rebels in Yemen says Saudi Arabia has shot down a ballistic missile launched toward the kingdom from Yemen, the Associated Press reports.

The coalition said in a statement that Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted the missile at dawn Monday, February 8 as it headed toward the southwestern Saudi region of Asir.

Coalition forces responded by targeting the launch platform inside Yemeni territory.

Saudi Arabia has been targeted with missile and artillery fire on a number of occasions since it intervened in Yemen's civil war last year in support of the country's internationally recognized government.

Riyadh and its allies are seeking to roll back gains by the rebels and forces loyal to a former president who have seized the capital, Sanaa, and other parts of the country.

 Top stories
Azerbaijani authorities report that they have already resettled 3,000 people in the Nagorno-Karabakh town of Stepanakert.
On June 10, Azerbaijani President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev will leave for Turkey on a working visit.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Moscow on April 22 to hold talks with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.
Authorities said a total of 192 Azerbaijani troops were killed and 511 were wounded during Azerbaijan’s offensive.
Partner news
---