The remains of one Nagorno-Karabakh serviceman and three civilians were recovered on Thursday, January 21, according to Hunan Tadevosyan, the head of the Department of Information and Public Relations of Karabakh's State Service for Emergency Situations.
The civilians were identified as residents of the villages of Drakhtik and Azokh in Hadrut region, Tadevosyan told PanARMENIAN.Net. The bodies will undergo forensic examination to determine the circumstances of the death of the civilians.
Since November 13, the Nagorno-Karabakh rescue teams have found the bodies and remains of 1251 soldiers and civilians. Family members and parents of missing soldiers are also participating in the process.
Search operations will continue on Friday, particularly in Fizuli, Ishkhanadzor and Aygehovit, as well as near Vorotan," he said.
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan said earlier that 3439 bodies had been recovered from the zone of hostilities in Karabakh as of January 20, and that the final death toll from the six-week war wouldn't surpass 4000.